Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
Preparation Time: 2 hours|
- 8 cups peaches, sliced in wedges
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar, + extra for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, + extra for brushing
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix together filling: peaches, blueberries, half the sugar, cornstarch, brown sugar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Transfer to a baking dish and set aside.
- Mix together dough in a separate bowl: flour, baking powder, pinch of salt and remaining sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture to form small clumps.
- Mix vanilla into cream, and then add the mixture to the flour.
- Divide dough into smaller "biscuit" pieces and spread over filling. Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake on top rack, until golden brown and filling is bubbling, approximately 1 hour. Monitor baking, if the top is browning too quickly then loosely place foil over the top.
- Let cool, then serve!