Barbecue Pulled Pork Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 hours|
- 2 1/2 kg boneless pork shoulder, skin removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- barbecue sauce
- cabbage slaw
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Rub pork with olive oil, sear in preheated non-stick pan until all sides are golden brown.
- Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan. Mix together spices and brush over the meat.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pan, seal with tin foil. Cook for 5 hours, until meat is falling apart.
- Shred the meat using forks, discard the fat.
- Drain the juices into a measuring cup and strain to remove fat. Mix with barbecue sauce to serve.