Spaghetti Squash Noodles with Tomato and Basil Recipe
Cook Time: 20 minutes|
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Using a sharp paring knife, pierce about 6 slits in the spaghetti squash. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, turning the squash halfway through. A fork should easily be able to cut through the squash; if there is any resistance then microwave for another 1-2 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut the squash lengthwise in half. Remove and discard the seeds. Use a fork to out the strands of squash.
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes and basil, cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add spaghetti squash. Toss.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle vinegar.
- Toss in grated cheese and serve immediately.