Creamy Rice with Morcilla Ibérica and Butternut Squash Recipe
Cook Time: 1 heure 10 minutes|
- 400g butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm dice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Señorío Morcilla Ibérica
- 1.25L vegetable stock
- 60ml sherry
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g Bomba rice
- 75g dried apricots, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 150ml creme fraiche
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 220°C; line a roasting tray with foil.
- Toss the diced squash in 1 tbsp olive oil and the sugar to coat; spread coated squash out on the roasting tray; roast until the squash begins to go colour on the edges, about 15 minutes; put to one side.
- Meanwhile, take the morcilla, from the fridge, remove the casing and cut with a sharp thin knife into thin slices, about 5mm; set aside.
- Heat the stock and sherry to a low simmer.
- In a saucepan, cook the onion and spices in 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until just softened, about 5 minutes; stir in the rice to coat, followed by the apricots and garlic.
- Stir in the stock, one ladle at a time, and simmer until most of the stock has been absorbed, abuout 18 - 20 minutes; taste for seasoning.
- Gently stir in the crème fraiche, fold in the morcilla and the squash and cook gently for a further few minutes; the rice should be moist and creamy, rather than firm.
- Switch of the heat and leave for a few minutes.
- Serve garnished with mint leaves.