Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Cook Time: 45 minutes|
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F/180C. Generously butter a standard 12-cup muffin pan and dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Toss the blueberries with ½ tsp of flour mixture to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins as they bake. Set aside the flour mixture and the blueberries.
- Beat the butter and sugar, using an electric mixer, on medium -high speed until light & fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Mix in the vanilla essence.
- With the mixer on the low speed, add the flour mixture gradually, beating until just combined. Add milk, beating until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until the muffins are golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean, about 30 mins.
- Let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.